A World Without Categories...Art Is Why I Get Up in the Morning...You?

An S.O.S.: Calling Upon All Angels

Joy Matters*

*Passion & Compassion*

Seek out, seek in...always seeking, always on a journey to bridge the world within with the world around.

Knowing that so many are hurting and alone when there is no need.

If we could just pause long enough to turn the tide.

We are a force of nature because we are nature.

Even when the oil runs dry, the sun will still fuel us. All the panic takes us further away from our natural state, our connection to the creative force, and to the brilliant power of simply being alive. 

Enjoy the ocean if you can and work toward it.

I aim to use my time to add to the creative rather than destructive forces vying for the Earth's resources.

I have found over a million Earth angels on the same mission: to create sustainable beauty out of life.

Let this be a prelude and not the exception.

I honor the lights of this great city as a power point for change, as the center of art, and as a vine of near-ripe revolutionaries.

Artists, women, good people of the Earth rising: rise some more. 

*Revolution begins with personal evolution...

Bless & Be Blessed*

Thursday, February 5, 2009

When faced with losing my eyesight, I look to heal my mind, body, and everything in-between...






These are images of the back of my retina upon being diagnosed with Multitocal Choraiditis, a rare eye disorder in which inflammation creates lesions on the back of the eye tissue - the most sensitive tissue in the body.

You can see in the images all the white areas of inflammation taking over the back of the eye.

I am working on healing both through natural and Western medicine.

I am also working with some Earth angels to create a benefit so I can make these treatments a reality.

I also want to be overall healthier than ever before so I can bring more art and action to the front lines.

Thanks to all of those involved in the rescue and healing mission. May I act as an Earth angel in your lives as well...

Working through to the grand finale.

//layla

1 comment:

Karina Chiodo said...

Aww, that is awful. Your courage and optimism are highly commendable. Losing eye sight is never easy for anyone. It's the most treasured because the eyes make us perceive the world around us. But you still have your other five senses which can give you hope that life still goes on.