A World Without Categories...Art Is Why I Get Up in the Morning...You?

An S.O.S.: Calling Upon All Angels

Joy Matters*

*Passion & Compassion*

Seek out, seek in...always seeking, always on a journey to bridge the world within with the world around.

Knowing that so many are hurting and alone when there is no need.

If we could just pause long enough to turn the tide.

We are a force of nature because we are nature.

Even when the oil runs dry, the sun will still fuel us. All the panic takes us further away from our natural state, our connection to the creative force, and to the brilliant power of simply being alive. 

Enjoy the ocean if you can and work toward it.

I aim to use my time to add to the creative rather than destructive forces vying for the Earth's resources.

I have found over a million Earth angels on the same mission: to create sustainable beauty out of life.

Let this be a prelude and not the exception.

I honor the lights of this great city as a power point for change, as the center of art, and as a vine of near-ripe revolutionaries.

Artists, women, good people of the Earth rising: rise some more. 

*Revolution begins with personal evolution...

Bless & Be Blessed*

Friday, January 18, 2008

Allison Kramer


Layla has been my photography subject for a long time now. I consider her one of my best friends, we have been the best support for each other through the happiest times and the most difficult. I have to give credit to her for being such a wonderful influence for creativity in my life. She has shaped me and has encouraged me to stand tall, be soft, and absorb life as it comes.

Thank you Layla for being who you are.

If you would like to see more about me and the work that I do with Layla, please visit my website at: www.allisonkramer.com

Layla and I, as a team, are going to be publishing two books in tandem within the upcoming months.

Layla and I thrive by creating art together. We need to tell a story. Her story. This visual diary aims to encourage change in the way people think about women, the power of art, and standing up for what you believe in.

This book is a visual guide to empowerment. A salute to women. A guide to tell the world and its stereotypes and conformist expectations to fuck off. This is a book to encourage women to do what they wish, to live free but be careful about it. To live for a purpose and belong to their meaning. We deserve equality by empowering ourselves first. We deserve the respect that men do. We deserve the accolades that we are capable of. We deserve our own revolution.

Women stand tall, salute to the fire within us, let's take these steps for our children, for our humankind, and embrace what we are.

No comments: